Prepare for a brand-new career as a CADD/BIM (Computer-assisted Drafting and Design / Business Information Models) Technician with just months of study at American College of Healthcare.
The CADD/BIM program offered by ACHT in Riverside and Huntington Park, CA is designed to provide graduates with the skills necessary to qualify for entry-level positions as a drafter or engineering aide in the industry.
In our CADD/BIM program, you will learn the technical details revolving around CADD/BIM technology, including the latest techniques and software involved, along with projects involving state of the art AutoCAD software. This program will also help you understand the whole process involved in drafting and design, and prepare you for a satisfying career in the industry.
A CADD/BIM may complete the following tasks:
- Participate in the preparation of engineering drawings through CAD software
- Preparing CAD drawings including set-up, alignments, profiles
- Performing volumetric calculations using existing topographic data and design surfaces
- Plan and manage design requirements for projects under engineering supervision
- Testing various techniques to optimize drafts
- Perform CAD related quality control checks as required
- 3D Model Quantity Extraction / Verification
Employment of workers using CAD/BIM technology is projected to grow quickly from 2018 to 2028, much faster than the average for all occupations. Increasing need for expertise in architecture and modeling software is expected to drive employment growth, and job opportunities for these technicians are expected to be good.
According to the US Department of Labor, the median annual wage for these positions are $51,640 in May 2016.
- Be at least 18 years old. If younger than 18, the applicant must provide a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
- Provide a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
- Interview with an admissions representative and tour the campus.
- Complete all requisite forms in the admissions packet.
1. Request Free Information
2. Talk to Admissions at American College of Healthcare
Call 1-888-430-4224 to speak to a friendly admissions representative. They are standing by to answer all your questions.
3. Schedule a Free Tour
Want to check out our campus in Riverside or Huntington Park? Call 1-888-430-4224 to schedule a free, no obligation tour today.