Duration: 100 Hours
Prerequisite: Basic knowledge in mechanical/electrical or design/drafting or engineering or technical background.
Materials Provided: Book and Computer Station
Methods of Instruction: Lecture, Reading, Hands-on assignments, and projects (trainees are encouraged if allowed, to bring actual work projects).
Course Description: This course is designed to expand and enhance trainee’s knowledge and ability in their respective field, and combine it with SolidWorks design techniques and capabilities to produce drawing plans. This course covers all the basic functionality of drawing automation: view and section creation, dimensioning, bills of material, update all views to reflect dimension change, visualization and rotation of design, creation of families of parts, varying assembly configurations, collision/interference detection, modeling and animation, 3D photorealistic rendering of design, relationship between dimensions and geometries, calculations, perform 3D finite, generate 3D CNC machine parts and more.
Qualification for State-funded CADD Training
- Employers – must be for-profit and pay California unemployment tax
- Employee (Trainee) – must be permanent full-time (minimum 35 hours a week).
- Employee (Trainee) – must earn a minimum $22.77 per hour (if making less please contact [email protected]).
- Employee (Trainee) – must complete the class.
- Employee (Trainee) – must remain with the employer 90 days after completion of training.
- Contribution of $180.00 for each trainee book and registration fee. (non-refundable)
- Other qualifications may apply.