Prepare for a brand-new career as an HVACR (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning Refrigeration) Technician with just months of study at American College of Healthcare.
The HVACR program offered by ACHT in Riverside and Huntington Park, CA is designed to provide graduates with the skills necessary to qualify for entry-level positions as a heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers—often called an HVACR technician.
In our HVAC program, you will learn how to offer professional services in support of the heating and air conditioning systems used to control the temperature, humidity, and overall air quality in homes, businesses, and other buildings.
This HVAC training program will also help you understand how to install, maintain, and repair systems using sophisticated tools and when to work with craft workers while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
An HVAC Technician may complete the following tasks:
- Using blueprints or design specifications to install or repair HVAC systems
- Connecting systems to fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components
- Installing electrical wiring and controls and test for proper operation
- Inspecting and maintaining customers’ HVAC systems
- Testing individual components to determine necessary repairs
- Repairing or replacing worn or defective parts
- Determining HVAC systems’ energy use and make recommendations to improve efficiency
- Traveling to worksites
Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. Commercial and residential building construction is expected to drive employment growth, and job opportunities for HVACR technicians are expected to be good.
According to the US Department of Labor, the median annual wage for heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers was $45,910 in May 2016.
- Be at least 18 years old. If younger than 18, the applicant must provide a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
- Provide a valid high school diploma or equivalent.
- Interview with an admissions representative and tour the campus.
- Complete all requisite forms in the admissions packet.
1. Request Free Information
2. Talk to Admissions at American College of Healthcare
Call 1-888-430-4224 to speak to a friendly admissions representative. They are standing by to answer all your questions.
3. Schedule a Free Tour
Want to check out our campus in Riverside or Huntington Park? Call 1-888-430-4224 to schedule a free, no obligation tour today.