Summary: Although there are many conflicting statements about the benefits of massage therapy, the National Institute of Health is reporting that their research is pointing to positive benefits in all realms of massage therapy. As studies are conducted it has been established that massage therapy has been proven to help reduce pain in chronic neck and lower back issues. Following research with Cancer patients, many patients noted a short-term reduction of pain and boosted their relaxation.
Furthermore, a 2010 study noted that massage therapy also might reduce stress, pain, and fatigue in people with fibromyalgia. This study is still continuing research to conclude more concise results. Alike the 2010 study of fibromyalgia, massage therapy studies in infants have also been conducted and shown positive results; however, with new standards from 2013, more research is also being conducted to provide more concrete evidence of massage therapy for infants. These studies have only spiked more interest and show an increase of growth for positive results of massage therapy.
Original Article: A few facts, benefits about massage therapy
The term massage therapy includes many techniques and the type of massage given usually depends on your needs and physical condition. In general, massage therapists work on muscle and other soft tissue to help you feel better.
A lot of the scientific research on massage therapy is preliminary or conflicting, but according to the National Institutes of Health, much of the evidence points toward beneficial effects on pain and other symptoms associated with a number of different conditions. Here are some things to know about massage therapy:
• Evidence suggests that massage therapy may be useful for some pain conditions such as lower-back pain and chronic neck pain.
• Research has suggested that at least for the short-term, massage therapy for cancer patients may reduce pain. Evidence has suggested that massage therapy may also promote relaxation and boost the mood in people with cancer.
• A 2010 review concluded that massage therapy may help temporarily reduce pain, fatigue and other symptoms associated with fibromyalgia, but the evidence is not definitive.
• Several studies on massage therapy in preterm infants have been conducted to determine if therapeutic massage provides any benefits. A 2010 review of the scientific literature suggested that massaging preterm infants using moderate pressure may improve weight gain. However, a 2013 review determined that there is not enough evidence to know if massage benefits healthy infants who are developing normally.
Each year, roughly 795,000 Americans have a stroke. They typically come with warning signs that mean the brain isn’t getting the blood it needs, leading to damage that may be temporary or permanent. The sooner a patient gets treatment, the less chance of serious damage to the brain.
Sudden warning signs include:
• Numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side
• Confusion or trouble understanding others
• Difficulty speaking
• Trouble seeing with one or both eyes
• Trouble walking or staying balanced or coordinated
• A severe headache that comes on for no known reason
Disclaimer: This article was shared for informational purposes only. ACH is not responsible for any claims, advice or errors that might exist in the articles. Third party websites or analyses presented.
American College of Healthcare and Technology has two convenient locations.
Our Huntington Park campus proudly serves the following communities: Bell, Bell Gardens, Compton, Southgate, Los Angeles, Vernon, Maywood, Cudahy, Florence, South Central LA, Watts, Lynwood, City of industry, Lawndale, Paramount, Inglewood, Commerce, Downy, Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, Carson, Long Beach, Bellflower, Pico Rivera, Montebello, Whittier, Gardena, Hawthorne, El Monte, La Puente, Monterrey Park.
Our Riverside campus proudly serves the following communities: Corona, Moreno Valley, Norco, Lake Elsinore, Perris, La Sierra, Arlington, Jurupa Valley, Rialto, Pedley, Mira Loma, Rubidoux, Bloomington, Colton, San Bernardino, Redlands, Wildomar, Temecula, Murrieta, Loma Linda, Fontana, Grand Terrace, and Glen Avon.
11801 Pierce St., Suite 100
Riverside, California 92505
6606 Pacific Blvd, Suite 204
Huntington Park, California 90255