Outside of the obvious benefit of working as a vet assistant (if you’re like most veterinary assistants, you’ll be in love with your job and the animals you get to work with), you might be asking, “Should I get a veterinary assistant certificate in CA? After all, I don’t need a certificate to work as a vet assistant here.”
That’s true – legally, you can work as a veterinary assistant without any training, if you can find a veterinary office that is willing to train you on the job. However, there are a few advantages to getting trained.
- You’re more likely to get the job! Most veterinary assistants working without any training are very young – often under 18. These employees have so little work experience that they are usually only asking for minimum wage. This means that if you have no training and no experience, you’ll have to accept minimum wage as well if you want to get hired over this kind of competitor. Not to mention, industry experience has shown us that many of these young vet assistants have parents, aunts or uncles in the veterinary industry, so they might have some experience, even at a young age. Hiring you could be a tough sell!
- On the flip side, if you do get a veterinary assistant certificate, you’ll not only have the knowledge and training to get hired in the first place, but you’re more likely to get paid more right off the bat! Your training and experience will save your new employer time and money, since you’ll be able to get started right away.
- You’re less likely to get injured. Although veterinary medicine isn’t the most dangerous job, it does come with risks. Those who get a veterinary assistant certificate in CA are more likely to stay safe on the job and end up with fewer scratches, bumps and strains. Your safety is an investment you deserve to make.
- As an added bonus, you’ll also be showing your employer that you care about your career – which means you’re more likely to get a job in the best environment. When you are working in a field that depends on passion and love for animals, you want to be around people who truly share your enthusiasm. If you get a veterinary assistant certificate in CA before you go into your interview, it shows that you’ve put thought and dedication into your career path.
- Finally, you’ll be more likely to nurture a healthy career. You might be able to go out into the field and get a job as a veterinary assistant right now, but a veterinary assistant certificate gives you the knowledge and skills to keep your job, get the most out of your job, and pursue growth opportunities in the field. There’s nothing more damaging to a career than bouncing around from job to job, or career path to career path. Start your career on solid ground by being armed to get, keep, and grow an amazing life as a veterinary assistant. You can get your veterinary assistant certificate in CA from the American College of Healthcare and Technology within just 8 months!
American College of Healthcare and Technology has two convenient locations.
Our Huntington Park campus proudly serves the following communities: Bell, Bell Gardens, Compton, Southgate, Los Angeles, Vernon, Maywood, Cudahy, Florence, South Central LA, Watts, Lynwood, City of industry, Lawndale, Paramount, Inglewood, Commerce, Downy, Norwalk, Santa Fe Springs, Carson, Long Beach, Bellflower, Pico Rivera, Montebello, Whittier, Gardena, Hawthorne, El Monte, La Puente, Monterrey Park.
Our Riverside campus proudly serves the following communities: Corona, Moreno Valley, Norco, Lake Elsinore, Perris, La Sierra, Arlington, Jurupa Valley, Rialto, Pedley, Mira Loma, Rubidoux, Bloomington, Colton, San Bernardino, Redlands, Wildomar, Temecula, Murrieta, Loma Linda, Fontana, Grand Terrace, and Glen Avon.
11801 Pierce St., Suite 100
Riverside, California 92505
6606 Pacific Blvd, Suite 204
Huntington Park, California 90255